Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Methods – Living In Balance in Austin
Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment, particularly holistic treatment as practiced at Promises Austin, is based on the understanding each individual has unique needs so no single treatment will be effective for everyone. Effective addiction treatment requires a customized approach that incorporates the latest developments in treatment and therapy, backed by solid fundamentals and proven results.
Living In Balance is a counseling method developed by the Center for Drug Treatment and Research in a project funded by the NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse). The approach combines experiential techniques and educational sessions into a group oriented treatment model that has been tested and shown to produce positive treatment results. Part of your complete treatment program at Promises Austin will include the Living In Balance model.
Over the course of your treatment at Promises Austin you will typically participate in 12 Living In Balance Sessions. These sessions are designed to allow you to join in the group activities at any point in the cycle of sessions.
Under the guidance of your professional chemical dependency counselors the sessions will draw upon experiential techniques, cognitive therapy and behavioral therapy techniques in a dynamic and interactive group setting. Using techniques such as visualization, role playing, relaxation, recreational therapies and lectures you will discover the issues surrounding your drug abuse or alcoholism and critical keys to relapse prevention.
At Promises Austin the combination of process group and educational instruction we use through Living In Balance forms an important element in our holistic treatment approach. You will understand the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual factors that influence your chemical dependency or alcohol abuse and learn techniques to address problem areas in a positive, life-affirming manner. You will discover the triggers and danger-signs that can lead to relapse plus life-saving ways to avoid or control them. You will learn communication skills, life management techniques, and ways to restore, maintain and establish healthy relationships, including with your family, free from drugs or alcohol.
While the Living In Balance sessions are dynamic and based on the needs of our guests, the following pages provide some general information about the topics covered in each of the twelve sessions you will participate in over the 35 days of treatment at Promises Austin.
More Living In Balance Sessions
Below you will find links to more information about the Living In Balance program.
- Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Education
- Stimulant Drug Dependence
- Stimulant Drug Effects
- Withdrawal from Stimulant Drugs
- Understanding Substances of Abuse
- Psychedelic and Hallucinogenic Drugs: Understanding the User’s Experience
- LSD Psychedelic Drug Dependence
- Mescaline Drug Dependence
- PCP Psychedelic Drug Dependence
- Facts About Marijuana
- Dependence on Depressant Drugs: AKA Downers
- Opioid Drug Education
- Alcohol Education and Other Sedative-Hypnotic Drug Information
- Addiction Triggers and the Phenomena of Craving
- Alcohol and Drug Dependence: Effect on Brain Functionality
- Addiction Treatment Program: Addiction Triggers
- Addiction Triggers, Cravings and Relapse
- Internal Addiction Triggers
- External Addiction Triggers
- Sensory Addiction Triggers
- Identifying Addiction Triggers
- Discussing Addiction Triggers
- How Addiction Triggers Lead to Relapse
- Interrupting Addiction Triggers
- Preventing Addiction Triggers from Leading to Relapse
- Stopping Addiction Thoughts
- Techniques for Stopping Addiction Thoughts
- Planning for Sobriety
- The Process of Addiction to Drugs and Alcohol
- Sobriety and Addiction Relapse
- Addiction Relapse Warning Signs
- Twelve Step Addiction Recovery Programs
- The Role of Honesty in Addiction Recovery
- Addiction Triggers: What Are They?
- Addiction Relapse: The Biology
- Addiction Recovery and Spirituality
- Addiction Recovery the Meaning of Spirituality
- Spirituality in Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Honesty in Addiction Recovery
- Being Open Minded in Addiction Recovery
- Addiction Recovery and Willingness
- Addiction Treatment Program: Visualization
- Addiction Recovery Paths toward a Spiritual Life
- Addiction Recovery: The Higher Power Concept
- Addiction Recovery Spiritual Experience
- Addiction Treatment Programs and Prayer
- Addiction Treatment Program Prayers
- Addiction Treatment Program: The Serenity and St. Francis Prayers
- Addiction Treatment Program: Stress Reduction Skills
- Addiction Recovery and Stress
- Addiction Treatment: Stress Levels
- Addiction Recovery Treatment: Defense Against Stress
- Addiction Treatment Program: Dealing with Stress
- Restructuring your Life in Addiction Recovery
- Drug Abuse and Alcoholism: Living a Balanced Lifestyle
- Addiction Recovery and Time Management
- Prioritizing in Addiction Recovery