What to Bring
Your stay at our luxury drug and alcohol treatment center is a time to focus on your recovery. A list of items you may and may not bring is provided for your convenience.
What to Bring For Your Stay
- Comfortable, casual clothing including closed – toe or hiking shoes. Appropriate tops with ½ inch straps, and shorts or skirts may be worn with appropriate under garments.
- Swim suit: one piece for women and board shorts for men (no exceptions).
- Exercise, recreation, and hiking clothes.
- Light sweater or pullover for cool group rooms and evenings.
- Personal toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
- Personal medications – 35 day supply. Must be in the original prescription bottle with your name. All medications will require approval from the Promises Austin medical director.
- Important contact names, (doctors, lawyers, family members), including addresses and telephone numbers.
- You are welcome to bring Twelve Step literature.
- Musical Instruments are permissible (guitars, etc.).
- Additional leisure time activities: books, (subject to approval), art supplies, journal, etc.
- Personal pillow or blanket.
- You may bring dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.). These will be approved by the medical director for personal use.
- Laptop – held by staff and signed out at approved times.
- Up to $100 cash along with a credit/debit card for the store, etc. (Will be held in our safe until meeting or outing time.) We suggest that a guest not bring more than $100 in cash.
- Hair dryer
- Laundry bag
Speak Confidentially with a Promises Recovery Advisor
What Not to Bring During Your Stay
- Valuables such as jewelry.
- A vehicle (parking space is limited).
- Abusive medications (stimulants <Adderoll®, Ritalin®>; pain pills <Vicodin®, Oxycontin®>; or anti-anxiety <Xanax®, Valium®.) etc.
- Electronic games. TVs, DVD players, iPods, radios, walkmans, CDs.
- Over-the-counter sleeping pills, diet pills or home remedies.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Personal drinks/snacks (especially if it contains caffeine) are not allowed.
- Seductive or explicit clothing depicting sex, drugs, alcohol, or bars.
- Aerosol cans, shoe polish, perfume, or mouthwash/aftershave containing alcohol.
- Tank tops, short shorts or mini skirts.
It is a goal of Promises Austin to have clients learn how to best manage the use of technology in their lives. Clients are encouraged to stay involved at a decreased frequency with their loved ones, business contacts, and recovery support network while in treatment under the guidelines provided by staff.
- No use of cell phones, computers, and/or other technology the first 7 days of treatment.
- After the first 7 days, personal technology will be made available daily from 12:30-1pm, and house phones will be available from 6-10 pm daily.